Eyes looking up to Heaven

Eyes looking up to Heaven
Dear God, I'm so tiny, but I know you can hear me, please send me a heart soon so that I can be the little sister, daughter and granddaughter that I know I am destined to be!

Brynn ... a reason to hope

Hi, my name is Brynn Madeleine Lewis. I was born on November 12th to the best parents a girl could have, Scott and Amy Lewis. I also have a wonderful family too, my big brother, Brady Lewis is awesome, he attends Wylie Elementary school in Henderson, TX. My grandparents are Sharon Reeves Collins, Judy Ann Lewis, and Johnny and Judy Lee Lewis. God has blessed me with so many supportive friends and family and that is extra special at this time, because I have a big battle ahead of me. I was born with a congenital heart defect, and despite all the awesome efforts of my doctors, I need a heart transplant ASAP. As you can imagine all the doctors bills, hospital, tests and procedures, can add up to a large amount of money, quickly. My mommy is not able to return to work, and is staying here with me, taking good care of me, with the help of all the terrific nurses and doctors. Once I receive my new heart, we will have to live in Dallas, close to the hospital for at least 3 months, so I can get the proper care and ensure everything goes well. If you would like to help me out in any way, I would forever be appreciative and thankful, and so would Mommy and Daddy, an account has been set up for me to collect any donation you would like to give. Please continue to pray for me and my family, we know that God will take good care of me and He will provide.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18, 2010

It's been a relatively quiet day for Brynn.  She still LOVES & DEMANDS to be held all day long! The hospital has volunteers who hold babies and keep the older kids company.  It's such a great service these sweet people provide.  I have the volunteer hold Brynn while I go to the cafeteria or take a shower.  Pretty hard to believe, but Brynn gets irate when I walk across the hallway for a quick bathroom break!  SPOILED ROTTEN...actually, she passed rotten about a month ago! :)

Yesterday was an emotional day for me.  I saw just a little of what the other side of transplantation is like.  A little boy about 7 years old passed away last night.  I saw his family walk back and forth all day in front of Brynn's room wiping away tears.  I felt so sad for them.  Later in the afternoon I saw many people standing in the hallway.  I learned that those people were the ones coordinating organ donation.  His parents had agreed to donate their son's organs.  What a selfless and amazing decision they made.  The gift of life!!!  God bless them! While his family lost their precious child, another family (probably families) received a phone call with the greatest news they could ever receive.  Bittersweet...

GOD spoke to my heart the other day.  HE said, "The time is near." Thank YOU Dear GOD, I needed to hear that.  I believe YOU. 

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!  How blessed we are to have friends like you!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, even though you told me all of this the other night, reading it brought chills to my whole body and tears running down my face. You know how much I love you and I'm praying every day for Brynn to stay as healthy as posible while she waits for that perfect heart and for her mama, daddy and brother - for peace which trancends all understanding. God is faithful and He will provide, just as he has these past three months. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I'm not sure how to use this blog, yet. I just sent Brynn an email using this blog.
    Christy is so sweet to say that, and it's true.
    God will provide Brynn a heart, soon.
    Love you,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea...I know how to post now!! ha
    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete

February 15, 2009

Hello everyone! Well, Valentine's Day has come and gone...we were hoping Brynn would have received a new heart on that day. It wasn't meant to be, but we won't get discouraged!
Brynn has had a busy day today. I discovered that there might be a problem with Brynn's feeding tube. Sure enough, the x-ray showed that it had migrated out of her tummy. That meant she would need it to be taken out and replaced. She did get very upset and her heart rate went up, but she calmed down and I just laid her down for a long night's rest!
If Brynn hasn't received a new heart within the next month, the doctors want to do another cardiac catheterization and plan for the Glenn procedure. It is a surgery to remove the B-T shunt, which she will ultimately outgrow. It will also upgrade her condition to a more stable one.
She is just over 11 pounds (!) and the doctors and nurses are so excited. One of her doctors said that her thighs are really filling out, but that she hasn't reached thunder thigh status quite yet!
I'm going to try to post some pictures, so stay tuned!

Love to you all,

Amy